5 Reasons to Detox With Karyn Calabrese
Low energy? Carrying more weight than you would like? Less focus and concentration during the day? Aches and pains you didn’t always have? Trouble sleeping and losing said weight? No, I’m not setting you up for a drug prescription. If you want to improve your overall health, you might want to consider a detox program. Full disclosure: a detox is going to shift your food paradigm. If you think milk is good for you, meat is essential for “protein,” and overall healthy diets are fueled solely by cooked foods, think again. Karyn Calabrese of Chicago has a detox program that has generated remarkable results for hundreds of willing participants. Her 28-day boot camp with four class sessions involves, among consuming several supplements and adopting a raw food diet, three key “Es”: education, enzymes and enemas. Yep, enemas, or colonics, whichever you prefer. Everyone comes to their detox with different expectations and goals but, to peak your interest, here are five reasons to consider detoxing.
- Improve overall health: This class is very eye-opening around conventional medicine and how the body can heal itself if given the proper tools and fuel (i.e. raw foods) to do so.
- Know what we are eating: Many of us walk around blindly snacking and fast-fooding without understanding the impact the food we consume has on our bodies. Through this process, many detoxers realize what foods are negative triggers and actually cause problems related to digestion, allergies, sinuses, sluggishness and sleep disorders. We also learn how to read labels and reduce the amount of toxic food we are consuming.
- Learn to harness your inner power: When you learn what you will need to do during the detox, it can seem very daunting and insurmountable. Fasting? No cooked food? Even roasted pistachios? For how long? But once you get into the groove, your body and your mind will work together to astonish you. Your “most magnificent machine” God has given you will carry you through, fight your cravings for bad food and usher in your healing and transformation beyond anything you can imagine.
- Influence loved ones around you: While one of the principal rules of Fight Club, I mean the Detox, is not to talk about it with others around you while you are doing it, people are going to notice your changes. Your increased energy, your glowing skin, your newfound patience, your eating habits. They will want to know about it and if they are truly supportive, they will want to help you in any way they can to help you reach your goal and even see how they might incorporate certain practices into their lives.
- Fall in love with yourself again: This is direct from Karyn as a by-product of the detox. You will fall in love with you again and begin to take better care of yourself. You will love what you see in the mirror and the healthy improvements you experience both inside and out.
For more information on Karyn Calabrese’s detox program, visit http://www.karynraw.com/Detox/